What's up?

Anything non Star Wars goes here. Talk about everyday events.

What's up?

Postby Nitro » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:25 pm

Soooo what's everyone been up to lately?

Me? Same old really.. busy busy.. working mostly.. Most of my spare time is spend playing games, working on the site and spending time with my wife.
Nitro
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What's up?

Postby Scott » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:34 pm

School, dragging around, getting into the world of RC planes (I'm sure you guys will get a kick out of my first flight if I can get a copy of the video) and generally taking the Christmas break slow.

I've been getting some hours at work which is always good but temporarily dropping normal routine. Haven't written anything (which I miss), programmed (also miss) or played any gigs (again, I miss it) for weeks. I haven't even had a chance to get a game of 40K in. I must get back into my hobbies again.

I have been eating a hell of a lot of turkey though!
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Nitro » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:40 pm

Yeah I hear you.. I just don't have time for hobbies anymore.. I get up at 7:30.. go to work for 8:30.. get off at 5:00.. pick my wife up, by the time we get home and eat dinner it's 6:30.. by then I want to sit on my ass and relax :lol:

I haven't played my guitar in like a year.. I do get to do some design web work while I am at work, but I am now on system support so I am supporting a bunch of applications here, so I don't get much time for application design and development.

When are you starting your University Scott?
Nitro
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Scott » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:41 pm

Time is tough to find. It's probably not a good idea that I'm taking up yet another hobby then :8):

September. Not for a while yet. I'll still be around here during that time of course :)-
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Nitro » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:47 pm

Have fun with that :lol:

You better, I'm looking at setting up some roles on the main site, to perhaps allow some additional writers for off-Battlefront 3 topics. You, of course would have first dibs if you're still interested.
Nitro
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spart » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:54 pm

Me: Been busy playing some Battlefield 3 and making a custom skirmish map for Empire at War. School starts on Monday next week but I don't get to go, I have a dental appointment (getting ready to get my wisdom teeth strapped out of my mouth). :(

Scott wrote:School, dragging around, getting into the world of RC planes (I'm sure you guys will get a kick out of my first flight if I can get a copy of the video) and generally taking the Christmas break slow.

I used to have an RC plane before it crash landed into a tree... several times.
Spart
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Sam » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:30 pm

Scott wrote:I'm sure you guys will get a kick out of my first flight if I can get a copy of the video

What sort of RC plane do you fly?

I've been doing my Masters year at University. I spent a lot of time in lab last semester and currently revising for exams. Spent Christmas with the family but didn't stay for very long, came back up to Leeds for new year celebrations with friends. Also training for a Olympic length Triathlon.
Sam
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Scott » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:40 pm

Nitro wrote:You better, I'm looking at setting up some roles on the main site, to perhaps allow some additional writers for off-Battlefront 3 topics. You, of course would have first dibs if you're still interested.

What is this? An obligation? :D When you need someone to write let me know :)-

spartan64 wrote:
Scott wrote:School, dragging around, getting into the world of RC planes (I'm sure you guys will get a kick out of my first flight if I can get a copy of the video) and generally taking the Christmas break slow.

I used to have an RC plane before it crash landed into a tree... several times.

I had an Air Hogs plane when I was ~8 which my dog destroyed second crash. My current plane is a Super Cub LP.

Here's a video:

Scott
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Scott » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:43 pm

Sam wrote:
Scott wrote:I'm sure you guys will get a kick out of my first flight if I can get a copy of the video

What sort of RC plane do you fly?

A Super Cub LP.

Sam wrote:I've been doing my Masters year at University. I spent a lot of time in lab last semester and currently revising for exams. Spent Christmas with the family but didn't stay for very long, came back up to Leeds for new year celebrations with friends. Also training for a Olympic length Triathlon.

You decided whether to go for your PhD yet?
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Nitro » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:34 pm

Scott wrote:What is this? An obligation? :D When you need someone to write let me know :)-

More like a privledge :lol: :P You're probably the only one besides myself I would let near the main site. It's my baby. :lol:
Nitro
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Nitro » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:35 pm

Can't say that I have even flown a plane before.. sounds fun though.
Nitro
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Scott » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:59 pm

Nitro wrote:
Scott wrote:What is this? An obligation? :D When you need someone to write let me know :)-

More like a privledge :lol: :P You're probably the only one besides myself I would let near the main site. It's my baby. :lol:

Then I am both disturbed and honoured.

Nitro wrote:Can't say that I have even flown a plane before.. sounds fun though.

If I can get out flying this weekend I'll make sure to actually get a flight video. So much wind, snow and cold weather makes it hard.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Nitro » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:07 pm

Why disturbed? :?:

Sounds good :u:
Nitro
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Scott » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:14 pm

Nitro wrote:Why disturbed? :?:

Because I imagined you slowly stroking a cat when you said,

Nitro wrote:It's my baby.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Nitro » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:17 pm

Scott wrote:Because I imagined you slowly stroking a cat when you said,

Ah.. :lol:

I just meant that I put a lot of work into getting the site where it is, it's hard to let anyone else do anything. :u:
Nitro
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to General Chit Chat