Uncharted 3 review.

Any reviews you may have for games, electronics, or anything else, can be posted here!

Uncharted 3 review.

Postby ctrooper » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:12 pm

Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception-9.5/10*
*This may or may not contain spoilers.

Uncharted 3 is a masterpiece in gaming. The characters, story, and dialogue are all great, Mix that in with terrific gameplay and a nonstop adventure and UC3 is a game that will be remembered a long time. But this game is not perfect. The story is set up nicely in the begining but ten chapters in and I was wondering what the hell am I doing. It completely sidetracks for about 5 chapters. And after all that, nothing is really resolved at the end.

Story/Presentation: UC3s story is good. The characters are all endearing and you care for them toward the end. But the actual plot is executed really badly. The villains are also completetly wasted as they do pretty much nothing.

-8/10

Graphics: Easily said-UC3 has the best graphics ina console game and probably of any game the environments and models look stunning. -10/10

Gameplay: From collapsing cities, to a falling airplane Uncharteds set pieces are truly amazing. Though the actual shooting mechanics are a bit stiff. It also gets tiresome shooting the same enemy in the face while popping in and out of cover. -9.5/10

Sound; All the dialogue, explosions, and brilliant score make this game an eargasm.
-10/10

replayability/multiplayer: UC3s mp is overhauled for the better. Competitive is more fun with kickbacks and whatnot. Coop is a bit of a disappointment compared UC2. But its overall good and a reaally good MP. The story is always fun to replay though this one is shorter than UC2.
-9.5/10

Final- 9.5/10* You have to play this game. (If you own a PS3)
Is that an ancient tibetan dagger in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
ctrooper
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Uncharted 3 review.

Postby Terrabyte20xx » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:13 am

I got the U3 PS3 Bundle, along with the Dual pack, and I can safely say that this review is nearly spot on. My only real problem with it is that you combined Gameplay and Design, which are different fields(Design being the levels and set pieces, and gameplay being the actual gameplay.). Other than that, I agree with most of what was said, along with the overall score and assessment!
Go Beyond the Impossible, Kick Reason to the Curb, that's how Team Gurren rolls!

If a picture is worth a thousand words, how much is a GIF?
(████████████████████▓▒╢▒╢▒╢▒╢▒╢()╟▒╟▒╟▒╟▒╟▒▓█████████████████████)
Terrabyte20xx
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Postby ctrooper » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:19 pm

Yes and as an afterthought, I think that UC2 is actually a superior game in some areas, mostly SP.
Is that an ancient tibetan dagger in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
ctrooper
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby ploplyguy » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:46 pm

I agree that the story does sidetrack often... like wtf was the point of the cruise ship? :??:

spoiler below

Why would Rameses tell Drake that he had Sully? It didn't do anything but lead him to his death. :8(:

What were they planning when they put the fake Sully in the bottom of the ship? Tie Drake up again?
ploplyguy
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby ctrooper » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:58 pm

Yea, I think ND made these levels before they made the storyline. They didnt know how to fit a sinking ship into the story. Makes me wonder if they were actually working on the real Atlanis instead of Atlantis of the sands. Dont get me wrong though they are the funnest levels in the game.
ctrooper
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Return to Reviews