NBA 2k11 Review...

Any reviews you may have for games, electronics, or anything else, can be posted here!

NBA 2k11 Review...

Postby ctrooper » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:39 pm

Yes everyone its my FIRST review!! Now I don't know if anybody likes basketball or the NBA in these forums, but I do and I have been playing NBA 2k11 on the PS3 a lot for the past month. This game is great, basketball fan or not. Now, Im unsure how to approach this review but here goes.

Simply put, NBA 2k11 is the pinnacle of basketball simulators. It combines everything that makes the NBA awesome with great gameplay. The graphics are also great even though this might be the games biggest weakness( some if not most coaches faces seem like they are falling off and some players got horribly rendered).

Presentaton:

2k11 does a great job of making the game feel authentic to the real thing. Everything from the mascot to the crowd being empty for a bad team or a rockin stadum for the leagues best team. Everything is perfectly simulated. There is a game mode called
Jordan challenges( for those who live under a rock, Micheal Jordan is the greatest player of all time) where you get to relive all of the legends greatest moments. This mode really makes you feel like you're reliving the past with the greatest level of detail.
GRADE= A+

Gameplay:

The gameplay is just as good in 2k11 with a great level of strategy involved(even though some skill is required. The AI is smart and forces you to make smart plays and play good defense every time down the court. The game modes though are only a couple(season, playoffs, and association are basically the same). The association mode
( where you basically manage your team) isnt really special and will have you quitting after one season. The modes you will be spending the most time in is the Jordan chaallenges and My Player mode where you create a player and rise through the ranks from rookie to superstar by leveling him up with skill points you earn after each game.
There is also a grading system where(from A to F) where the game grades you based on your perfromance. Youll get a higher grade for playing good defense rebounding and assisting. The grading system, though, is flawed, Penalizing you for something you could not have prevented such as a guy a guy who is 12" taller than you making the basket over you. Its not perfect but this mode will have you busy for a long time.
GRADE: B+

Graphics/sound:

The graphics in 2k11 are decent in some areas while some(certain character models look like they were taken from PS2 game). But for for most the graphics are really good.
The sound on the other hand is weak. Afte aabout 5 hours of playing you will have memorized everything the commentators say! It gets really repetitive hearing the same speech over and over again.( I know there is only so much you can put in a game but still... couldve been more). The soundtrack though, is decent and some of the songs are catchy. The actual basktball noises are good( the ball dribbling, the swish from a made basket, etc.)
Grade: C+

OVERALL: A-

While its not a perfect game its probably one of the best basketball and sports simulators simulators to date rivaledonly by maybe Fifa. If yure not much of a basketball fan though i wouldnt recommend it. But if youre looking for the best B-ball simulator or sport game in general this is a great buy. Well yeah thats pretty much my review. Hoped ya liked it!
Is that an ancient tibetan dagger in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
ctrooper
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: NBA 2k11 Review...

Postby Scott » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:54 pm

Cool review. I've heard NBA 2k11 named the best sports game ever made. I've only avoided it because of my disinterest in basketball.

ctrooper wrote:The graphics in 2k11 are decent in some areas while some(certain character models look like they were taken from PS2 game).

I disagree:
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ctrooper » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:37 pm

Look up some of the coaches, some of them look awful. Like their faces melted. You just happen to post the best looking player in the game(title player of course hes going to look great).
Is that an ancient tibetan dagger in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
ctrooper
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Joelfigbars » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:19 pm

I love NBA 2k11.
Joelfigbars
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby ctrooper » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:38 pm

It really is a good game.
ctrooper
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Return to Reviews