Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Any reviews you may have for games, electronics, or anything else, can be posted here!

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Postby ploplyguy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:47 pm

WARNING possible spoilers

This is my first guide so just bear with me.
I acquired this game back in December but held off playing it until I had beaten the second one. I got the second for Christmas and fell in love with the game which just left me wanting more, and I was in for a treat when I started up AC:B.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is the third game in the Assassin's Creed universe but it is NOT the 3rd game it is kind of like an epilogue to the second game, but it sure feels like a sequel. I have never played the first game but I have played the second and I can say with a lot of confidence that Assassin's Creed: Brother trumps Assassin's Creed 2.

I have the categories sorted in what I think are the most important elements of a game.

STORY

AC:B picks up right where AC2 left off for both Ezio and Desmond, with Ezio escaping the Vatican and Desmond fleeing his base of operations. I won't go into too much detail but their are some pretty cool new characters and a couple twists which were pretty awesome. Now the game had a great story but, as I said at the beginning that this is somewhat of an epilogue so it's kinda hard to understand if you haven't played the previous games. It also left me wanting more, which is good but I wish they would have made it longer haha (even though I clocked in at over 15 hours on the campaign)

GAMEPLAY

Oh man, this is where the game shines, I mean it's soooo fun climbing up things and doing impossible leaps. Even though the climbing was awesome I did find myself jumping to places I didn't want to go, which was very frustrating trying to get a Borgia Flag. They've also gotten rid of the near impossible 100 feathers and replaced them with 100-some easier collectibles... easier because you can buy a map for all of them.
The weapons are also very easy to use and the addition of execution streaks make the gameplay very fun.

SOUND

The sound work in this game is amazing... from the amazing soundtrack that becomes awesome when a chase is going on, and the little things like a woosh sound when you blend into a group. I just love to go back and play around in the city just listening to the people talk.

GRAPHICS

Wow... what to say about the graphics? They are improved over AC2, which is amazing considering the graphics of the second. The games map is big and you don't have to wait for a new area to load so I'd say that's good. There is also a lot of detail on the characters, buildings and ground... there's cracks in the wall, flowers on the ground it's just beautiful. The only bad thing is that things will occasionally pop out of nowhere.

ploplyguy's rating: 8.75
ploplyguy
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Postby ctrooper » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:57 pm

Sounds decent...
I've never played AC and im not looking to Start now so...
Is that an ancient tibetan dagger in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
ctrooper
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby ploplyguy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:04 pm

ctrooper wrote:Sounds decent...
I've never played AC and im not looking to Start now so...

You should man... they are great games

if you like Uncharted you will like it... what with the climbing of stuff
ploplyguy
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby ctrooper » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:09 pm

Maybe ill check Out ac1-2...
Maybe...
Is that an ancient tibetan dagger in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
ctrooper
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby ploplyguy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:16 pm

ctrooper wrote:Maybe ill check Out ac1-2...
Maybe...

I think you'll like 'em... if you like U2
ploplyguy
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Scott » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:21 pm

Avoid ACI. It's a game good only for its time. It was the first game I played with free running but now it is so common it won't impress you.

The second game is pretty good but the third is the best in my opinion.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ploplyguy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:57 pm

Scott wrote:Avoid ACI. It's a game good only for its time. It was the first game I played with free running but now it is so common it won't impress you.

The second game is pretty good but the third is the best in my opinion.

Yep I was guessing that the first wouldn't be good compared to the games out now.

But just so you know Brotherhood is not AC3... Ubisoft has said that the Assassin Creed games that are numbered will have a new character.
ploplyguy
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Scott » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:08 pm

I said third game not AC3 :)-
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ploplyguy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:16 pm

Scott wrote:I said third game not AC3 :)-

Oh yes, yes you did
ploplyguy
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby GeneralChaz9 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:39 pm

Im almost done with AC2, and bought Brotherhood on sale and it is still wrapped, lol. The feathers are going to take forever! Can you buy a map in-game that shows you where they are(in AC2)? After I platinum it, I am going to be starting Brotherhood. Actually AC1 is a good start to the series, especially for the story. If you just jump right into Brotherhood, you'll probably be clueless. Also Boodlines is good if you have a PSP.
Gaming is a way to show someone you ARE better than them :P
PSN:GeneralChaz9
Steam Name: TheAlmightyTaDaryl
Twisted Metal is my childhood game, and will forever be my favorite gaming franchise as long as I live. \m/
GeneralChaz9
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby ploplyguy » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:44 pm

GeneralChaz9 wrote:Im almost done with AC2, and bought Brotherhood on sale and it is still wrapped, lol. The feathers are going to take forever! Can you buy a map in-game that shows you where they are(in AC2)? After I platinum it, I am going to be starting Brotherhood. Actually AC1 is a good start to the series, especially for the story. If you just jump right into Brotherhood, you'll probably be clueless. Also Boodlines is good if you have a PSP.

No there is not a map for the feathers in the second.. but there is one for Brotherhood.

A tip for the feathers: Go to the DNA section of the pause menu and locate the feathers and then you can choose an area to see if you've got the feathers. I need about 20 more for the plat!
ploplyguy
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby GeneralChaz9 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:25 pm

Well it's been a while since I platinumed ACII and now I just need the MP trophies :\/:
Gaming is a way to show someone you ARE better than them :P
PSN:GeneralChaz9
Steam Name: TheAlmightyTaDaryl
Twisted Metal is my childhood game, and will forever be my favorite gaming franchise as long as I live. \m/
GeneralChaz9
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Wevans199 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:23 pm

I agree with Scott about AC1. I borrowed and played the first 20 minutes then got bored and gave it back. It's a good thing my brother bought AC2 otherwise I would of missed two of the best games ever made IMO.
Wevans199
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Return to Reviews