Dante's Inferno (The Not Quite A Review, Review)

Any reviews you may have for games, electronics, or anything else, can be posted here!

Dante's Inferno (The Not Quite A Review, Review)

Postby Scott » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:00 pm

I really didn't want to have to play this self-predicted failure of a game myself...so I simply watched some reviews to give you a very brief description.

Don't buy it. Easy enough. But the question why comes to mind. This would be because it's not quite crazy as Bayonetta and not as simple perfect as GOW (Review pending). So it really is a disappointment. The gameplay just isn't that fun or memorable.

From what I've seen:

It's a 3/5
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Dante's Inferno (The Not Quite A Review, Review)

Postby Ironman21 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:54 pm

Well, the graphics look good and all, but (like Scott) from what I've heard from people at school, it doesn't innovate any part of the gameplay and is pretty pointless.
"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me"
Ironman21
Jedi Consular
Jedi Consular

Postby Scott » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:58 pm

I watched the X-Play review and heard some talk. Just isn't that fun.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ironman21 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:01 pm

yep
"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me"
Ironman21
Jedi Consular
Jedi Consular

Postby BobaFett » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:11 am

not true, I played the game and have to say unlike God of yelling rage...I mean war...... it actually had a pretty decent story with likable characters. This is the multiplat GOW. the gameplay is no different and although the graphics may not be the greatest it is certainly in the 7.5-8 range especially the cutscenes which are just amazing.

personally I dont care much for this hack n slash genre that devil may cry and GOW started but if this game ever hits the $20 range I would consider it a must buy, EA has been doing a pretty good job when it comes to pumping out some really good games that have been influenced by other greats.
Unless proof is provided BF3 does not exist.
BobaFett
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept

Postby Scott » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:49 am

BobaFett wrote:not true, I played the game and have to say unlike God of yelling rage...I mean war...... it actually had a pretty decent story with likable characters. This is the multiplat GOW. the gameplay is no different and although the graphics may not be the greatest it is certainly in the 7.5-8 range especially the cutscenes which are just amazing.

personally I dont care much for this hack n slash genre that devil may cry and GOW started but if this game ever hits the $20 range I would consider it a must buy, EA has been doing a pretty good job when it comes to pumping out some really good games that have been influenced by other greats.

If you had played the GoW games you would know that there is a compelling story. The gameplay is although heavily derived from GoW is not nearly as fluid. Check some reviews if you want to know more of why it isn't very good. If you do like it though all the more power to you but it doesn't nearly stack up to the likes of GoW
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Legion 2.5 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:08 pm

The game really doesn't look that fun to me.
"Geth do not intentionally infiltrate."
Harbinger- "ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL."

█████}╡╞║████████████████████████████████████████

Star Wars 1138 Forum

My favorite dance move.
Legion 2.5
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Postby BobaFett » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:15 pm

I actually just beat all three GOW games recently ( literally just got my plat in the 3rd about 1hr ago) as my buddy kept pushing me to see how "awsome" it was and the story was one sided, dull, and I found myself hating Kratos more as the story went on.

I never got around to finishing dantes but from what I did play the story was a lot more compelling, than just "you made me kill so and so, so now I will kill you all and everything in my way cause im badass"...

and the reviews i did read for dantes bash the game for not bringing anything new to the genre. but theres not much new you can bring to hack and slash aside from the story. and I know the dev team for dantes got lazy near the end and kinda just threw all types of enemies in different areas instead of remaining "level" specific but at the same time so did GOW. it was always those dumb little skeleton guys only now they have an extra piece of armour. or now they are on fire but no new move set.....heck some of the death scenes werent even changed for the 3rd game.
BobaFett
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept

Postby Scott » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:48 pm

Yes but the enemies in GoW looked good which made it okay that they were on the repetitive side. Maybe the story wasn't of a Hollywood blockbuster but it doesn't matter how good the story is if the gameplay is stale and white. If Dante's Inferno brought even one very well executed, and fun element ot the game the reviews on it would be kinder. Because there was nothing overly compelling (although you seemed to find an interesting story even though GoW had lots of subtext, references, and mythology nudges) it was deemed a "bad" game. There is nothing wrong for liking it (considered to be a guilty pleasure like how some loved Dark Sector and others hated it) and all the more power to you.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

Postby BobaFett » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:56 pm

well to be fair, Dantes story was based on a christian poem of the same name. and from some reviews that i read it was a good transitition from poem to game. but i have never read it so i wouldnt know. The difference is that people know about greek myth which makes GOW more open to the masses while Dantes poem is not well known and talked about.

but w.e to each his own I guess.
BobaFett
Jedi Adept
Jedi Adept

Postby Scott » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:07 pm

Cause debating fun I will continue this one. I don't think Greek mythology is very well known. Ya, they may know what a Cyclops is but did they know Zeus was married to Hera? Or that there is an apparent higher existense above Gods? Which is actually a reference to Norse mythology. Anyway, the point is, GoW has a lot of depth to it if you look for it. DI is interesting (at least in the landscape because it relevant to the Poem) but it really doesn't do much else for the poem. The poem is about the (12?) circles of hell and has nothing to do with any of the characters in the game or the events.
Scott
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Legion 2.5 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:46 pm

The game may sound okay but it's not interesting to me. Sorry :(
"Geth do not intentionally infiltrate."
Harbinger- "ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL."

█████}╡╞║████████████████████████████████████████

Star Wars 1138 Forum

My favorite dance move.
Legion 2.5
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Return to Reviews